Recent Articles

Welcome to the Geek Getaway!

Hello fellow gamers! I would like to congratulate you on stumbling upon the secret gaming news site that actually appreciates you stopping by. That is right, here at the Geek Getaway we put gamers first and tell political drama to kick rocks. What does that actually mean though, I hear you asking as you move the cursor toward the X in the corner to close the page. Well, take your hand off your mouse and allow me to explain.

The Geek Getaway will only feature facts forward news, previews, reviews, and opinion pieces all with a heavy bias toward you, our audience. When you come here you won't have to slog through six paragraphs before you find out when a game is going to be released. You won't have to read how the latest PS4 game is literally oppression because there are no homeless people on the streets of the game world. There will be no bullshit interviews with fictional characters. And last, but certainly not least, we will trim off all the fat and deliver a bloviation free reading experience for you.

In addition to our facts forward approach, the Geek Getaway will focus exclusively on video games. No movies, no TV shows, no twitter drama, and definitely no critiques of those inferior gaming sites. I don't want to read those rags any more than you do and I frankly could care less what they write. Here, at the Geek Getaway, the only things we care about are video games and how trends and regulations affect gamers. I don't think I can stress enough how I want this site to be a haven for gamers. Video games are supposed to be a form of escapism and I want this site to enhance, not inhibit said escapism.

With that said, here at the Geek Getaway we will have a strict set of ethics. No writer will ever attack anyone in an article, on Twitter, or in the comment section. All connections, both professional and personal, to any given subject being written about will be fully disclosed at the start of said article.  Any gifts/merchandise/swag sent to us will be raffled off, no entry fee to enter, to you the readers. All games that we review that we received a review copy for will have that noted at the beginning of the review. Additionally, we will never take money to promote any games or game related products, aside from sweet Geek Getaway merchandise. Not yet available.

The last thing of note for you dear reader to be aware of is the fact that the Geek getaway was started with exactly $40 in its coffers. That said, we will try to make the ads as unintrusive as possible. If you want to support the site financially we are looking into adding a "gift" section so you can donate via PayPal. 90% of said gifts will be split evenly among the staff and the remaining 10% will be used for administration fees. We might not be able to offer a competitive rate at the moment but I am going to do my best to get us there. Please bear with us as we get the site up and running, we look forward to being your go to spot for all things gaming.

*All images are owned by their respective copyright holders and are used under fair use guidelines


  1. Great introduction, I am looking forward to reading all the articles :) I wish you the best of luck and happy writing!


Post a Comment